Internship Australia service:
- Individual arrangement of the internship
- Full internship placement services
- Training compatible with your employment and/or educational history.
- Supply of the necessary documents to gain visa approval for the internship
- Support and assistance with the visa application
- Provide an Internship contract
- Preparation and Orientation package
- Regular counselling support services for the duration of your internship
- Supply of the Performance Statement from your sponsoring trainer.
- Monthly newsletter
- Australian Internship Certificate after successful internship
- Internship employer reference after successful internship
- Supply the necessary documents for your university to ensure that you gain credit for the internship completed in Australia
- Cambridge Internship Certificates are possible to obtain
Payment for Interns
Please note: Internships in Australia are usually unpaid.
There are some internships in hospitality and journalism where it could be possible to get money, but you have to show work experience in your field.
Duration and Eligibility of Internship
a) Unpaid Internships
- Maximum of 3 months internship if applicant is a recent graduate (recent graduate is defined as someone who has graduated within the previous 12 months)
- Maximum of 6 months internship if the applicant is a current student
b) Paid Internships in Hospitality
- Maximum up to 12 months paid internship if the applicant is a current student
- Maximum up to 12 months paid internship if the applicant applies within the last 2 years of graduating).
c) candidates with a valid Working Holiday Visa - internships of up to 6 months in duration.
Internships are only possible if
- you are under 31 years old, to apply for a special purpose visa or Working Holiday Visa OR
- hold a suitable visa with work rights in Australia!
Total Placement fees in Australia:
Option I) Professional Internship Placement (unpaid)
4 - 6 weeks: from 1500 A$
7 - 12 weeks: from 1800 A$
13 - 26 weeks: from 2200 A$
Option II) Hospitality Internship (paid) - education and experience in hospitality necessary
26 weeks: from 2500 A$*
52 weeks: from 3600 A$*
*Plus RSA Online Course 110.00 A$ (mandatory for all hospitality internships)
(Cancellation Fees apply)
- Insurance Fee: Weekly Rate: from A$ 50 per months
- Visa application fee (which is payable to DIAC)
- return flight
- translation of documents
- accommodation and other living cost e.g. food, public transport etc.: approx 1,200 ? 1,500 A$ per months
Internship Placements are possible in the following areas (Usually internships are possible in all fields ? but not in medicine - medical research might be possible):
- Accounting, Banking / Finance, Human Resources, Sales and Marketing,
- Aged Care / Child Care
- Arts, Photography
- Government, Law and Politics, Linguistics, Political Science, Sociology
- Engineering, Telecommunications
- Environmental Science, Forestry, Marine Science
- Hospitality / Tourism
- Information Technology, Graphic Design
- Health, Sport
- Media and Journalism
Please contact us for further information.